The Bel Air Armory Building
This historic building, including the “head house”, houses two-story offices and boardroom, the “drill hall” currently known as our Event Hall with large stage and an entire lower level with classrooms and commercial kitchen.
EVENT HALL: (Main Floor)
The Armory’s large Event Hall boasts original hardwood flooring with a grand open space to accommodate an array of events. The Armory is a unique venue available to rent for many types of events including fundraisers, bull roasts, holiday parties, pageants, trade shows, conventions, music / theater / dance performances, reunions, retirement parties, business meetings, bingo, auctions, festivals, lectures and more. Maximum capacity is 400 people. Dimensions are approximately 56’x 94’ which includes a stage at one end of the hall that is approximately 35’x 20’. This stage is perfect for hosting various entertainment and concerts.
Consider the Armory for your next event! Affordable and easily accessible from Baltimore City, Baltimore County, Cecil, Carroll and Harford County, just 10 minutes northwest of I95. This grand building is located in the heart of downtown Bel Air in the Arts & Entertainment District. Host your special events, conferences, private events, parties and more!
Take a look inside and out of the Bel Air Armory through this Virtual Tour!
We can provide:
FURNITURE & EQUIPMENT
TABLES & CHAIRS
With your rental we offer free use of tables and chairs and other equipment that are located in the Main Hall or Gymnasium. Here is our inventory (subject to change; confirm with Armory Manager):
- 30 round 60" diameter tables, 30" high (Seats up to 6-8 comfortably)
- 5 rectangular 96" x 30" tables, 30" high (8 foot)
- 10 rectangular 72" x 30" tables, 30" high (6 foot)
- 4 round 30" diameter "cocktail" tables (41.5" high)
- Approximately 200 folding chairs with built-in cushions.
- The stage located at one end of the hall and is approximately 35’ x 20’. This stage is perfect for hosting various entertainment and concerts.
- We provide basic “theatrical lighting” that is more-or-less focused onto the front center apron area of the stage and is perfect if you have a speaker or a presentation.
- Mercury-vapor “gym” lights; you may place them either on or off.
- 3 incandescent dim-able ceiling lights, on rheostats.
- 10 incandescent up-and-down decorative, dim-able wall sconces, 5 on each side wall, on rheostats.
- Fluorescent lights above the 4 corner doors; you may place them either on or off.
- Available to Rent: sound system with two hand-held microphones. If you are interested in the Armory sound system, you must contact us in advance.
- There are two (2) restrooms outside the Main Hall and additional restrooms and locker/changing rooms on the lower level.
CLASSROOMS: (Lower Level)--Limited Availability
COMMERCIAL KITCHEN/ FOOD/ ALCOHOL/ CATERERS
- If you are hosting a PRIVATE event (no outside guests other than a specific list of invited guests), you may provide and serve your own food (ex: parties/private celebrations).
- If you are hosting a PUBLIC event (anyone may attend from the general public), if you wish to provide food you must utilize a caterer who is licensed in Harford County, MD. Otherwise, only non-perishable, pre-packaged foods/drinks may be served. If you have any questions, please contact the Harford County Health Department at 410-838-1500.
- If a Licensed Caterer is being used, you must provide their License to the Armory Events Manager.
- For weddings or other private events you must hire a caterer with off-site liquor privileges. 501c3 nonprofits may obtain a one-day permit from the Harford County Liquor Board. Supplying your own alcohol “BYOB” is not permitted under any circumstances, and you must follow all rules and regulations of the Armory,
the Town of Bel Air, Harford County and the State of Maryland. You MUST receive the armory manager’s approval to have alcohol at any event.
- The Armory kitchen is available at an additional charge for warming/heating and/or actual cooking AND IS NOT permitted except under contract. There is NO CHARGE to use the REFRIGERATOR or FREEZER for keeping items cold. Consider leasing the kitchen for a learning classroom, Boy or Girl Scout troop cooking projects, small business cooking (i.e. expansion of your cupcake/bakery/confections business), chili cook-offs, catering events and so much more!
For more information or to consult with our Armory Events Manager about rental availability, please contact:
Julia E. Potler
Armory Events Manager
37 N. Main Street
Bel Air, MD 21014
Note: information in this document is subject to change without notice. Generally, no event times are available on Sunday until 3pm load in; please bear this in mind when applying. No commitment, contractual obligation or consideration is hereby assumed or created by this document. A formal contract, approved by the Town of Bel Air, signed by an authorized representative of your entity and accompanied by a deposit, is necessary to reserve your space and time for the rental of the Armory. Non-profit status achievement (which results in a discount) requires IRS form documentation.